IT/Ops & Solution Support (2nd Level Support Engineer) - Mexico City
Be responsible for the execution of Managed Services Operations processes to fulfill delivery obligations to clients. Ensures all client SLAs are completed on time.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum of a Computer Science degree or equivalent strongly preferred
- English - Advanced
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience in Linux environment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes business processes (e.g. service level agreements, handoff from engineering to operations, support requests)
- Monitors load and storage on processing servers.
- Implements procedures in support of data security need related to data processing.
- Manages data processing and escalates when necessary resources are not likely to be available in time to complete processing.
- Understands and executes RAID and netCLARUS data processing and business processes. This includes (but is not limited to) activities such as:
- Monitor data feeds from customers
- Data processing and loading
- Data archiving
- Provide first level support for operations issues
- Writes scripts in Perl and bash to automate operations
- Works after work hours and weekends as needed.
- Exposure to relational databases with the ability to write/modify basic SQL
And YOU must BE:
- Self-driven with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Dependable, professional demeanor
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good working relationship with employees at all level, clients and outside vendors
- Willing to help others and enthusiastic about work assignments.
- Adjusts to job changes and grasps new ideas in the work environment
- Handle difficulties and pressure situations with self-discipline
- Taking initiative in trying new ideas to solve problems