System Administrator | Managed Services @ North America
Working in the North America region, you will responsible for the execution of the Managed Services operations, processes, fulfil delivery obligations to clients and for maintaining infrastructure, solving technical hurdles and delivering efficiency in the Linux compute cluster and other environments.
In addition to maintaining the existing systems, you will help expand a high volume production environment, determine technical direction for further growth, and find opportunities to improve efficiency in our infrastructure.
Candidate must live in the D.C. Metro Area
As a System Administrator, you’re main responsibilities will be:
- Server administration and troubleshooting on full OSI layer stack
- Build physical and virtual servers with and without previously defined images or templates
- Networking, Storage and Server level administration.
- Executes business processes (e.g. service level agreements, handoff from engineering to operations, support requests)
- Monitor servers and application. Configuration of SNMP/SSH monitoring applications and log parsing tools.
- Implements procedures in support of data security needs related to data processing.
- Manages data processing and escalates when necessary resources are not likely to be available in time to complete processing.
- Understands and executes application data processing and business processes. This includes (but is not limited to) activities such as:
- Monitor data feeds from customers
- Data processing, loading, archiving, etc
- Provide first level support for operations issues
- Writes scripts in Perl and bash to automate operations
- Inventory management using applications such as Spice Works, Visio, etc.
- Works after work hours and weekends as needed
What we’re looking for
To join our team as a System Administrator, YOU must HAVE:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent technical degree
- 2 - 3 years of experience in Linux environment with at least 30+ servers, storage, and network switches.
- Experience with Windows server environments (preferred but not required)
- Experience with a 25+ server Linux environment (preferably RHEL or CentOS) including but not limited to Network protocols and services, central authentication protocols and block/file level storage.
- Experience with Perl, and shell scripting in a UNIX or Linux environment.
- Ability to build physical and virtual servers with and without previously defined images or templates.
- Exposure to relational databases with ability to write/modify basic SQL
- Experience with SNMP/SSH/log monitoring applications
And YOU must BE:
- Self-driven with strong analytical and problem solving skills and with strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomous and self-driven
If you have what it takes to be our next System Administrator, APPLY NOW!